Taking a shower or bath is something most people do just about everyday, and we do it without even a second thought. For the homeless, unhoused and at-risk, figuring out something as simple as cleaning oneself can be an all day affair. We believe everyone has the right to feel fresh, feel clean, and feel some dignity.
Thanks to the generosity of the many organizations, individuals and agencies, we are able to launch our first mobile shower and laundry trailer this Fall (2015). However, the need does not stop there. We still need your help to fund the maintenance and daily operation of the truck and trailer, and help us launch at multiple locations throughout the Bay Area.
To make an online contribution click above, or send a check to the address provided below.
Dignity on Wheels is a Project WeHOPE program. If sending a check, please make the check payable to Project WeHOPE and write in the memo line: Dignity On Wheels. Thanks for spreading Dignity!
P.O. Box 50624
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Donate Gifts Or Goods
We are also looking for items to stock the trailer. They include personal care items such as:
- Travel toothpaste and toothbrushes, mouthwash, toothfloss
- Small hair combs and brushes
- Deodorants and non-hypogenic, fragrance free lotions
- Variety of soaps, body wash and hair wash
- Travel size kleenex packs, wet wipes
- First-aide items, such as bandaids
- Feminine products
- Hand sanitizers
- Cotton socks for men and women
- Lightweight cotton t-shirts for men and women
- Variety of grocery, gasoline, bus passes, and healthy food options
Contact us to arrange delivery or pick-up of donated goods and gifts. We are also looking for individuals with special skills or services that you may be able to offer clients while on site with the trailer. We especially would love to hear from medical nurses, case workers and other social service workers.